Table of contents
Users Are Unique and Highly Customizable
Each member of your staff or each station in your office has a user set up specifically for them. Users accounts allow access to the RingByName web and mobile applications. There are two types of users, Admin and Regular, each with different permissions and access. While both user types will give you access to the RingByName applications, only the Admin will allow you to make changes to settings in the RingByName System Administration Portal. Admins can customize and edit settings for individual users or for groups of user at once, such as editing Outbound Caller IDs and Passwords for multiple users at once.
To access the User Settings, go to System Admin and click on the top link for RingByName Setup. Users will be the first thing displayed on the screen. Click on an individual User Name to access the User Details screen. The following settings can be changed by the administrator for each user:
- Full Name
- Email Address / Username
- Extension number
- Set Outbound Caller ID
- View, Modify and Add VoIP Devices
- Enable Call Forwarding to Cell Phones or Landlines
- Enable or disable voicemail
- Set Up Voicemail Greeting
- Configure Callback Request Settings
- Update Timeout Options
- Enable or Disable Call Recording
- Allow Remote Call Pickup
- Make a User an Admin
- Reset the User to System Default
Outbound Caller ID can be changed for multiple users at once.
- Click on Set Outbound Caller ID For multiple users in the User Menu on the RingByName App
- Select all the users you would like to update
- Choose which number to set the Outbound Caller ID to, or use a custom Outbound Caller ID
- Click Save to Update all the users that you selected at once.
Resetting Passwords for multiple users at once makes routine system maintenance simple.
• Click on Set Password for multiple users in the User Menu on the RingByName App
• Select all the users you would like to update
• Type the new login password they should all be assigned
• Click Save to Update all the users that you selected at once.
Changing Permissions and Resetting Users
At the bottom of the User Details menu, an admin can make another user an admin by checking the box “Make this user an admin”.
A user can also be reset. This action can not be reversed. All contacts under a reset user will be unassigned so they can be edited again by another user in your system.
Adding Additional Users
Looking to add more users to your service, but can’t find where? To add users to your RingByName account contact our service department by email at [email protected] or by calling 231-881-3123.