What is Managed Services?
Managed Services is a term used to describe a new model of IT management. What makes Managed Services different from traditional IT support is the responsibility and risk associated with managing your IT systems shifts to your Managed Services Provider, in this case Northern Technology Services.
What is Break Fix?
Traditionally, your IT support company worked a lot like a plumber – you call them when something is broke, they send someone to look at the problem. Then he or she would troubleshoot the problem and send you a bill for their time resolving the issue. The emphasis is on reacting to problems that have already occurred. The IT support provider’s service is judged by how quickly they can attend to the problem. But, by the time you are aware of the problem, it’s already too late. Data is lost, downtime is incurred, productivity is reduced, and the list goes on.
In the traditional break/fix IT support model, your best interests may not be in mind by your service provider. For example:
- The break/fix IT support provider has no incentive to make your network as stable as possible.
- They make money every time you have a problem.
- They don’t invest in network management tools because there is no incentive for them to do so.
- You don’t benefit from the latest network management and automation systems.
- It’s often a “best attempt” service – response times are variable and guarentees are seldom made.
- If the break/fix IT support provider works slowly, they make more money.
- If they attend to the same problem more than once, you get double-billed for it.
- Your greatest IT disasters are their most profitable jobs.
There is no win-win scenario when it comes to Break/fix IT support because, in order for you to get the best service and support out of a break/fix service provider, they would have to put your interests above their own. It is a flawed model, and outdated due the advancements in network management and monitoring software.
Unlike the old “break/fix” IT support model, our Managed Services align the interests of the service provider with those of the client – such as you. Both parties desire for the client’s network to be absolutely stable – because they both lose money when anything goes wrong. In the event of downtime, you lose productivity, while we lose our most precious resource – staff support time. As a result of this alignment, we are incentivised to work harder and smarter to ensure that your network remains 100% stable.
- You pay a fixed monthly fee for us to keep your network up and running, no matter what.
- Depending on your agreement, there is no limit to the number of hours you can use.
- We are inventive to keep your network as stable as possible!
- We do all the proactive maintenance we can to achieve optimal network stability.
- In order to achieve that, we’ve made a significant investment in the latest network management systems, security software’s, and training.
- You enjoy the benefits of enterprise-level automation and monitoring systems.
- Our response times are backed by a fully Service Level Agreement (SLA)
In the end, you get a dedicated support team that knows your network and has your best interest in mind. We don’t call you a customer, we call you a partner. Our team at Northern Technology Services doesn’t believe we should make money off of you when you losing it. Doing everything we can to have your best interests in mind, and empowering your business for success.
Contact us today to learn more